This course examines the patent process and other forms of intellectual property (IP) protection in the context of federal technology transfer. It will provide detailed information on how to protect intellectual property in federal laboratories, with a focus on the patent process; summarize ownership rights to IP developed under government contracts; explain the major laws affecting IP in federal labs; and explain the types of rights collaborators typically want and how to work with them within the law.
The course will cover:
- Intellectual property basics
- Types of IP protection as they relate to technology transfer
- Laws governing the IP system
- Rights in government inventions
- Practical tips for navigating IP processes and issues as a T2 practitioner.
< Back to Training